Although only comprised of three bones, the shoulder has a wide range of mobility compared to other parts of the body. If you’re experiencing shoulder problems including pain, discomfort or other issues, you may want to visit our shoulder clinic, situated in Perth for advice and treatment options.
At Murdoch Orthopaedic Clinic, we’re home to ten highly trained and skilled surgeons who each specialise in an area of orthopaedics including ankles and feet, knees, hands and wrists, hips and shoulders. Depending on your needs, our dedicated team of shoulder specialists in Perth can assist you with the diagnosis, preoperative, operative and postoperative treatment and create an individualised medical plan for you.
After consulting with your doctor and analysing your current condition, it may be beneficial for you to consider undergoing shoulder surgery. It’s common for patients whose shoulders are repeatedly dislocated, to undergo surgery to repair the damage. Also known as shoulder arthroscopy, our shoulder surgeons in Perth have the expertise to perform a wide range of surgeries and can provide you with the most suitable treatment options for your requirements.
Like other areas of the body, the shoulder plays an important part in our everyday lives, however because of its large range of movement, it is more likely to develop sporting-related injuries or degenerative problems. Thankfully, our shoulder specialists in Perth can assist with a wide range of conditions including those which are from injury or arthritis. Our shoulder clinic treats common conditions including:
- Rotator cuff tears and impingement of the shoulder – torn rotator cuffs can cause intense pain and can weaken the shoulder. Speak to our team about undergoing treatment for shoulder surgery in Perth.
- Dislocations and instability of the shoulder – the upper arm bones in the shoulder separate from the cup socket in the shoulder blade. As the shoulder has a wide range of mobility, this is a common injury.
- Fractures of the shoulder and clavicle – common fractures include the collar bone, top of the upper arm and shoulder blade. Shoulder surgery is recommended in order to ensure the best possible results.
- Shoulder and rotator cuff arthritis and arthropathy – these kinds of problems can come from overuse, inflammation, arthritis or degeneration. Our shoulder specialists can advise you on which treatment is suitable for your needs.
- Reverse and standard shoulder replacement – these are surgical procedures which can help to reduce long term pain and assist with better movement.
- Acromioclavicular joint arthritis – the AC joint is located at the tip of the shoulder blade. Osteoarthritis can occur in this area, resulting in a decline in joint cartilage.
- Frozen shoulder – also known as adhesive capsulitis, frozen shoulder can be extremely painful and has no known cause. The symptoms include a stiff, ‘frozen’ shoulder. Speak to our shoulder surgeons in Perth about treatment for this condition.
- SLAP tears – this is an injury to the glenoid labrum. It’s essentially a superior labral tear from anterior to posterior.
As one of Perth’s leading shoulder clinics, we’re here to help. Our team of dedicated and experienced surgeons are available to discuss your condition and determine an appropriate treatment to suit your needs. If you’re concerned about your shoulders or have any questions regarding your musculoskeletal health, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly team at Murdoch Orthopaedic Clinic today!