The hip bears the weight of the upper body and is the hub for the legs; however, if and when problems arise, it’s crucial you receive the highest level of care and treatment for your needs. This is where our friendly and experienced team at Murdoch Orthopaedic Clinic can help.
As one of the most intricate joints in the body, the hip allows us to run, jump, walk and move, but like most other body parts, they can eventually break down, become weak or develop specific conditions. Depending on your requirements, one of our hip surgeons in Perth may suggest undergoing surgery.
One of the most common forms of surgeries performed by our hip surgeons at the Murdoch Orthopaedic Clinic are revision hip replacements. Also known as a total hip arthroplasty, this type of orthopaedic surgery aims to reduce pain and improve the functionality of the hip. Patients who undergo hip replacements in Perth will most likely require a prosthesis – an artificial part used to replace the ball and socket bones of the hip. Although shown to be quite effective in restoring functionality, the effects of this surgery may eventually wear out over time and further surgery may be required.
Although our surgeons perform a number of revision hip replacements, we can also treat an array of other hip conditions. These include, but are not limited to:
- Fractures of the neck of the femur – if you’ve broken a bone, it’s vital you consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Labral tears and impingement – this occurs when the labrum is separated from the hip socket. Surgery may assist in treating this condition.
- Total hip replacement and revision surgery – this surgery aims to restore the functionality and health of your hip.
- Hip arthroscopy to treat CAM and ‘pincer’ impingement – this procedure is less invasive than hip replacements and allows doctors to view the hip joint effectively.
- Trochanteric bursitis and abductor or hamstring tendon tearing/tendinopathy – this can be extremely painful. If you’re feeling pain in your hips, please contact your doctor as soon as possible
If you’re experiencing pain or discomfort in your hips, you may want to speak to our surgeons about undergoing surgery for a hip replacement in Perth. Our clinic encompasses a number of hip specialists who can advise you as to which treatment options will better suit your requirements. To book an appointment for a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us today!