Established in 1994 the Murdoch Orthopaedic Clinic was the first orthopaedic group formed south of the river in Perth. All of our surgeons are highly trained and very experienced. Indeed we have over 170 years of combined experience. All aspects of orthopaedic surgery are covered from foot and ankle surgery, hip and knee surgery to shoulder, elbow and hand/wrist surgery.
As a patient or referrer to Murdoch Orthopaedic Clinic you can benefit from this combined experience and know that you will receive the best in clinical care. Our surgeons are always striving to remain at the forefront of technologies available in orthopaedic surgery and are involved in research at a local and international level.
Murdoch Orthopaedic Clinic offers an annual Fellowship program. Read more about this program here.
Conveniently located on the ground floor within the St John of God Medical Clinic, our clinic is directly linked via an undercover walkway and is a short walk to the main hospital and operating theatres.
The clinic is right next to the carparks, two radiology practices and three physiotherapy groups.
Our preadmission clinics for hip and knee joint replacements are held at our clinic in conjunction with St John of God Hospital nursing staff. The sessions enable patients to understand their procedure, postoperative care requirements and have any questions answered prior to their surgery.
Our surgeons have provided detailed information about their experience and the procedures they perform under their individual profiles.
In addition to the breadth of knowledge across the group, most of our surgeons are also heavily involved in research, training and charitable works.
- Mr Graham Forward is the Founder of Australian Doctors for Africa, a charitable organisation that provides volunteer medical services to Ethiopia, Somalia and Madagascar.
- Professor Allan Wang, one of Australia’s leading researchers in Autologous Tenocyte Implantation, where pre-clinical and early clinical trials have seen positive and encouraging benefits in tendon regeneration. His works have attracted national and international attention and are published in Peer Review Journals and the media. Click here to read more.
- MOC has the privilege of having the scientific secretary of both the local and national Australian Orthopaedic Association within its members (Professor Allan Wang). This surgeon is responsible for arranging the scientific content of the Annual Scientific meetings at both state and national level.
- Mr Paul Jarrett has recently founded a new hand unit within the Department of Hand Surgery at Fremantle Hospital – an innovative initiative which combines the skills of Orthopaedic and Plastic Surgeons and Allied Health Therapists in the management of traumatic conditions of the hand at Fremantle Hospital. Mr Jarrett is also the Head of Department.
- Mr Tony Jeffries is the longstanding Western Australian representative on the committee of Orthopaedic Outreach; a humanitarian arm of the Australian Orthopaedic Association.